St Patrick’s day is considered as one of the most exciting and interesting occasion celebrated in the United States is just on its way. St Patrick’s day or call it as Paddy’s day or Patty’s day is celebrated on March 17th with great enthusiasm every year. This day is seen by the whole world as a day to remember the famous patron saint of Ireland, Saint Patrick. The day of the festival of St Patrick is a religious celebration which marks the traditional death date of Saint Patrick. Paddy’s day is mostly observed by Irish people, by the people of Irish descent and by Catholic church. Patty’s day was invented in United States, America by Irish-American people. In today’s date, St Patrick’s Day has officially became an international celebration in US and from 1995, the government of Irish made 17th of march an National holiday in order to increase tourism and today, more than 1 million people from different countries attend the celebration of St. Patrick’s Day grand parade which is held in Dublin. Shamrock, the leaf of clover plant is considered as a symbol of Holy Trinity and marks the most prominent symbol of St. Patrick’s Day. Also the green, orange and white colour which represents the flag of Republic of Ireland marks a great importance’s and almost everything is green in colour.
Thousands of people enjoy and celebrate this st patricks day by sending quotes and blessings and by eating Irish foods and drinks like corned beef, Irish brown bread, Irish cream cake, Irish coffee and many more Irish items. Other celebrations includes attending parade, ceilithe an Irish traditional music sessions, wearing green dress and Shamrocks, drinking Irish beer and Irish whiskey.
So if you people are planning to celebrate St. Patrick’s Day, let mark this day with some best 27 quotes, blessings and sayings for St Patrick’s Day / Paddy’s Day / Patty’s Day which will help to spread the Irish luck on 17th of March, 2017. For this st patrick’s day aka st Paddy’s day aka Patty’s day 2017, we have collection the top best quotes which are cute, birthday and friendship defines in this quotes.
26 Famous & Cute St Patrick’s Day Quotes & Phrases
- “The list of Irish saints is past counting; but in it all no other figure is so human, friendly, and lovable as St. Patrick – who was an Irishman only by adoption.” —Stephen Gwynn
- “Christ with me, Christ before me, Christ behind me, Christ in me, Christ beneath me, Christ above me, Christ on my right, Christ on my left, Christ when I lie down, Christ when I arise, Christ in the heart of every person who thinks of me, Christ in every eye that sees me, Christ in the ear that hears me.” —St. Patrick
- St Patrick’s Day is an enchanted time – a day to begin transforming winter’s dreams into summer’s magic. – Adrienne Cook
- “St. Patrick — one of the few saints whose feast day presents the opportunity to get determinedly whacked and make a fool of oneself all under the guise of acting Irish.” —Charles M. Madigan
- There are only two kinds of people in the world, The Irish and those who wish they were.
- “Every St. Patrick’s Day every Irishman goes out to find another Irishman to make a speech to.” —Shane Leslie
- In heaven there is no beer, that’s why we drink it here! Irish Saying
- “I come from an Irish Family. St. Patrick’s Day was our big holiday. The night before we’d hang up our stockings and in the morning they’d be full of beer.” —Sean Morey
- St Patrick – one of the few saints whose feast day presents the opportunity to get determinedly whacked and make a fool of oneself all under the guise of acting Irish. – Charles M Madigan
- “Anyone acquainted with Ireland knows that the morning of St. Patrick’s Day consists of the night of the seventeenth of March flavored strongly with the morning of the eighteenth.” –Anonymous
- “[St. Patrick] was a terror to any snake that came in his path, whether it was the cold, slimy reptile sliding along the ground or the more dangerous snake that oppresses men through false teachings. And he drove the snakes out of the minds of men, snakes of superstition and brutality and cruelty.” —Arthur Brisbane
- “If it was raining soup, the Irish would go out with forks.” —Brendan Behan
- Oh! St. Patrick was a gentleman Who came of decent people; He built a church in Dublin town, And on it put a steeple. —Henry Bennett
- “St. Patrick’s Day is a holy day for Roman Catholics in Ireland to pray and a day for drunk people to vomit with their pants down in New Jersey.” —Margot Leitman
- “There are no strangers here. Only friends you haven’t met.” Brendan Behan/ a Sign board in Irish Pub on St. Patrick’s Day
- Always remember to forget the friends that proved untrue. But never forget to remember those that have stuck by you.
- If you’re lucky enough to be Irish, then you’re lucky enough. – Irish St. Patty’s day saying
- “Maybe I’m lucky to be going so slowly, because I may be going in the wrong direction.” — Ashleigh Brilliantuck
- That’s what the holidays are for – for one person to tell the stories and another to dispute them. Isn’t that the Irish way? – Lara Flynn Boyle
- What do you get when you cross poison ivy with a four-leaf clover? A rash of good luck. – Unknown.
- To succeed in life, you need three things: a wishbone, a backbone and a funny bone. Reba McEntire
- I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else. C. S. Lewis
- We have always found the Irish a bit odd. They refuse to be English. Winston Churchill
- “The amount of good luck coming your way depends on your willingness to act.” ― Barbara Scher
- “Luck affects everything; let your hook always be cast; in the stream where you least expect it, there will be a fish.” — Ovid
- “If you view all the things that happen to you, both good and bad, as opportunities, then you operate out of a higher level of consciousness.” ― Les Brown
- “If you are lucky enough to find a way of life you love, you have to find the courage to live it.” — John Irving
Irish Blessings & Saying For Saint Patrick’s Day
- May God bless and keep in good health your enemies’ enemies.
- May your blessings outnumber the shamrocks that grow, and may trouble avoid you wherever you go.
- “May the Good Lord take a liking to you… but not too soon!”
- “May those who love us, love us; and those who don’t love us, may God turn their hearts; and if He doesn’t turn their hearts, may He turn their ankles so we’ll know them by their limping.” St. Patrick ’s Day toast.
- May you always walk in sunshine. May you never want for more. May Irish angels rest their wings right beside your door.
- May your pockets be heavy and your heart be light, May good luck pursue you each morning and night.
- For each petal on the shamrock this brings a wish your way- Good health, good luck, and happiness for today and everyday.
- May neighbours respect you, Trouble neglect you, The angels protect you, And heaven accept you.
- “May the road rise up to meet you. May the wind always be at your back. May the sun shine warm upon your face, and rains fall soft upon your fields. And until we meet again, May God hold you in the palm of His hand. St. Patrick’s day sayings
- May you be in heaven a full half hour before the devil knows your dead.
- When money’s tight and hard to get, and your horse is also ran, When all you have is a heap of debt, a pint of plain is your only man.
- May your thoughts be as glad as the shamrocks. May your heart be as light as a song. May each day bring you bright, happy hours. That stay with you all the year long.
- May you have warm words on a cold evening, a full moon on a dark night, and the road downhill all the way to your door.
- May you live as long as you want and never want as long as you live.
- May your glass be ever full. May the roof over your head be always strong. And may you be in heaven half an hour before the devil knows you’re dead. May luck be our companion. May friends stand by our side. May history remind us all. Of Ireland’s faith and pride. May God bless us with happiness. May love and faith abide.
- May your heart be light and happy, May your smile be big and wide, And may your pockets always have a coin or two inside!
- May the Irish hills caress you. May her lakes and rivers bless you. May the luck of the Irish enfold you. May the blessings of Saint Patrick behold you.
- Always remember to forget The troubles that passed away. But never forget to remember The blessings that come each day.
- Here’s to a long life and a merry one. A quick death and an easy one A pretty girl and an honest one A cold beer – and another one!
- May you always have a clean shirt, a clear conscience, and enough coins in your pocket to buy a pint!
- When we drink, we get drunk. When we get drunk, we fall asleep. When we fall asleep, we commit no sin. When we commit no sin, we go to heaven. So, let’s all get drunk, and go to heaven! Irish toast On St. Patrick’s day
- May the face of every good news and the back of every bad news be towards us.
- May your home always be too small to hold your friends. Here’s to me, and here’s to you. And here’s to love and laughter. I’ll be true as long as you. And not one moment after. Traditional Irish toast On St. Patrick’s day
- May you live to be a hundred years, with one extra year to repent.
- May you have the hindsight to know where you’ve been, The foresight to know where you are going, And the insight to know when you have gone too far.
- May the saddest day of your future be no worse than the happiest day of your past.
- May those that love us, love us. And those that don’t love us, May God turn their hearts. And if he doesn’t turn their hearts, May he turn their ankles, So we’ll know them by their limping.
So this was all about the famous St. Patrick’s day quotes, blessing, sayings and toast. For more updates, stay connected!